Working with colleges and employers, helping students to transition from course to placement
Autotech Academy is a unique initiative which offers Level 2-3 college students a route into the automotive industry and supports a college's automotive course offering. Created by an award-winning company with strong motor sector experience and links, Autotech Academy is set to fill the automotive skills funnel, while providing college leavers, through a paid internship, with a solid foothold on the career ladder. Within three to twelve months (depending on a job role), the paid interns will be equipped with all the necessary experience to complement their college learning and any additional tooling and training which will help them make the transition into full-time, well-paid permanent employment.
Working with colleges across the UK
The number of qualified students currently achieving a placement within the automotive industry is far too low. For a long time, the sector has lost out on attracting and keeping new talent due to the lack of jobs available to the newly qualified students, who have all the theoretical knowledge but limited practical experience.
The industry needs a sustainable pipeline of talent, stemming the exodus into other sectors who better align themselves to the requirements of the younger generation. Autotech Academy works with colleges to help students transition from course to placement. As a company we work very closely with leading organisations and trade associations, car manufacturers, dealership groups and independent garages.
A video introduction to the Autotech Academy programme and how colleges can benefit from working with us.
Colleges frequently ask the same questions so here we aim to answer these questions and debunk any myths.
Through Autotech Academy, paid interns will:
- Achieve a placement of 3 to 12 months within a garage or maintenance repair employer
- Receive one-to-one in placement mentoring
- Be paid a realistic, above the minimum, wage
- Be supplied with a starter tool kit suitable for the job role, standard PPE and uniform (if required)
- Have access to other industry and lifestyle benefits
- Have access to a vehicle manufacturer’s training courses or OEM standard training tailored to the client and intern’s requirements
- Receive free of charge IMI Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Level 3, ADAS or other industry-relevant training
Working together, Autotech Academy can help colleges, with no financial outlay:
- Improve student retention
- Improve destination data
- Increase student engagement
- Student learning enrichment
- Increase funding due to higher course enrolment
- Improve course desirability
WE HELP NEWLY QUALIFIED VEHICLE TECHNICIANS INTO THEIR FIRST JOB
If you're either recently qualified or are currently in your final year of an automotive qualification, you will naturally be thinking about how you will transition from college into paid employment. Autotech Academy can help you achieve this.
It is a simple concept:
- We place you with a garage or maintenance repair business on a paid internship lasting from 3 to 12 months
- We provide you with a monthly wage, a top box tool kit, standard PPE and uniform (if required)
- You will receive further training via a manufacturer training course or an approved OEM standard training partner such as Bosch
- You will be appointed an in placement mentor to help you with your daily work, along with ongoing support from Autotech Academy
- We will provide Electric/Hybrid Level 3, ADAS, or other industry-relevant training during your internship
What happens at the end of the internship?
Whilst it isn’t 100% guaranteed that your placement garage will offer you a permanent well-paid role, the ethos of the scheme is that they should. This is obviously subject to you passing all the training, fitting in well with the workshop, turning up with a “can-do” attitude, working efficiently and without errors and demonstrating that you are committed – punctual, well presented, and co-operative!
Interested? To register your interest email email@example.com and we will be in touch.
Have you considered a young person with theoretical knowledge and a technical qualification to strengthen your team?
Autotech Academy is an innovative solution that solves your long-term skill shortage problem. Autotech Academy works with colleges, students, and automotive businesses to offer workshops the opportunity to “try before you buy”. By taking an Autotech Academy intern you will have, within 3-12 months, a fully qualified, brand loyal, trained employee.
- Are qualified to Level 2-3 automotive qualification
- Arrive with their own top box of tools, standard PPE and uniform (if required)
- During the 3-12 month period will complete Level 3 Electric/Hybrid, ADAS or other industry-relevant training
- Will be manufacturer trained or OEM standard trained depending on your requirements, during
- Will deliver a ROI within 7 weeks
- Are invoiced weekly based on an hourly rate, which includes their training, tools, all NI contributions, insurances, and labour)
- Are already qualified so no need for "day release"