Working with colleges and employers, helping students to transition from course to placement
Autotech Academy is a unique initiative which offers Level 1-3 college students a route into the automotive industry and supports a college's automotive course offering. Created by an award-winning company with strong motor sector experience and links, Autotech Academy is set to fill the automotive skills funnel, while providing college leavers, through a paid internship, with a solid foothold on the career ladder. Within six months, the paid interns will be equipped with all the necessary experience to complement their college learning, and any additional tooling and training which will help them make the transition into full-time, well-paid, employment.
Working with colleges across the UK
The number of qualified students currently achieving a placement within the automotive industry is far too low. For a long time, the sector has lost out on attracting and keeping new talent due to the lack of jobs available to the newly qualified students, who have all the theoretical knowledge but no practical experience.
The industry needs a sustainable pipeline of talent, stemming the exodus into other sectors who better align themselves to the requirements of the younger generation. Autotech Academy works with colleges to help students transition from course to placement. As a company we work very closely with leading organisations and trade associations, car manufacturers, dealership groups and independent garages.
Through Autotech Academy, paid interns will:
- Achieve a 6-month placement within a garage or maintenance repair employer
- Have the opportunity of work experience before their course finishes
- Receive one-to-one onsite mentoring
- Be paid a realistic, above minimum, wage
- Be supplied with a starter tool kit, all the required PPE and any required uniform
- Have access to other industry and lifestyle benefits
- Have access to a vehicle manufacturer’s training courses or OEM standard training tailored to the client and intern’s requirements
Working together, Autotech Academy can help colleges, with no financial outlay:
- Improve destination data
- Increase funding due to higher course enrolment
- Improve course desirability
- Meet more Ofsted criteria
- Help secure free work experience
Are you a Level 1-3 Automotive Maintenance and Repair student?
If you are currently in your 3rd year at college studying Level 1-3 Automotive Maintenance and Repair, you will naturally be thinking about how you will transition from college into paid employment. Autotech Academy can help you achieve this.
It is a simple concept:
- We place you with a garage or maintenance repair employer for a 6-month paid internship
- We provide you with a weekly wage, a basic top box tool kit, all the relevant PPE and uniform
- You will receive further training via a manufacturers training course or an approved OEM standard training partner such as Bosch
- You will be appointed an on-site “mentor” to help you with your daily work, along with ongoing support from Autotech Academy
- We will ensure within the 6-months internship that you receive Level 2 Hybrid and Electric vehicle training
- Prior to starting your internship, we help the college find you work experience
What happens at the end of the 6-months?
Whilst it isn’t 100% guaranteed that your placement garage will offer you a full-time well-paid role, the ethos of the scheme is that they should. This is obviously subject to you passing all the courses, fitting in well with the workshop, turning up with a “can do” attitude, working efficiently and without errors and demonstrating that you are committed – punctual, well presented, and co-operative! Interested? To register your interest email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
Have you considered a young person with theoretical knowledge and a technical qualification to strengthen your team?
Autotech Academy is an innovative solution that solves your long term skill shortage problem. Autotech Academy works with colleges, students, and automotive businesses to offer workshops the opportunity to “try before you buy”. By taking an Autotech Academy intern you will have, within 6 months, a fully qualified, brand loyal, trained employee.
- Are qualified to Level 1-3 in Automotive Maintenance and Repair
- Arrive with their own top box of tools and all required PPE and uniform
- Will be trained during the 6-month period in Level 2 Hybrid and Electric at our cost
- Will be manufacturer trained or OEM standard trained depending on your requirements, during
their 6-month placement
- Will deliver a ROI within 7 weeks