LOCATION // Wellingborough
COUNTY // Northamptonshire
JOB REF // ATR13834
rate // £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
TYPE // Permanent
Responsibilities and duties:
- Perform all work assigned efficiently, economically and to Company and Manufacturer's standards.
- Advise management if extra work is required on a vehicle and seek assistance & authority for rectification of faults.
- Discussion with customers regarding problems with the vehicle as requested (Total Involvement).
- Ensure the Company image of professionalism and quality of service is maintained when dealing with customers.
- Operate equipment and carry out all duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain equipment, protective clothing and work areas in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Maintain a high level of competence for the work to be undertaken by undergoing on-site training, attending courses at suppliers and manufacturers and reading technical bulletins as required.
Knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role:
- Fully skilled technician with wide knowledge and understanding of vehicle systems
- Excellent diagnostics & fault-finding ability (Including Snap-on versus & VAG-Com)
- Engine remapping skills/dyno set up work (We have a 4WD rolling road/dyno)
- Skills including engine tuning & setting up of carburettors etc.
- Suspension set up & principles knowledge
- Fabrication skills including welding, making brackets etc.
- Good understanding of engineering & machining principles
- Ability to review and understanding electrical harness/wiring diagrams
- Portray a smart and professional image, with an adaptable attitude and GSOH
- The ability to comply with all company and manufacturer's disciplines and procedures
Why should you consider applying for this job?
- Salary of £25,000 £35,000 pa (depending on skills experience)
- Hours: 08:00 17:30 / some Saturdays may be required
- Overtime available
- 20 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Pension (statutory, after 3 months of service)
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please contact Autotech Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01234 240 503.