LOCATION // Didcot
COUNTY // Oxfordshire
JOB REF // ATR16707
rate // £27,000 - £29,000 per annum
TYPE // Permanent
Responsibilities and duties:
- To carry out maintenance and repairs of ambulances and other vehicles, as specified by SCFS Ltd to the standards required by SCFS and the Department of Transport i.e. routine servicing, repairs to vehicles, installation, removal & servicing of equipment carried by these vehicles, including stretchers and electrical equipment (This may entail working at sites other than the vehicle workshop).
- Attend the scenes of breakdowns for repairs or recovery, ensuring safety guidelines are followed.
- Prepare new vehicles for service and prepare old vehicles for disposal.
- Maintain the upkeep of records relating to the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment (including computerized systems).
- Have due regard to the health and safety of yourself and others, reporting any hazards or accidents immediately. Ensure correct Health and Safety procedures are followed in workshops, at scene etc.
- Be aware of and follow security procedures.
- Ensure a clean and tidy workshop is maintained, and follow set procedures for the disposal of workshop waste.
- Attend training courses relating to the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Make decisions on vehicle repairs, in the absence of the Fleet Supervisor
- Participate in a 24 hour Duty Mechanic standby rota system.
- Assist in the ordering of replacement parts where required.
- Fully participate in all income generation, work relevant to the Fleet maintenance operation.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and internal and outside customers in identifying and rectifying problems.
- Ensure that all work is carried out effectively and efficiently, employing the correct degree of urgency.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role:
- Will have served a recognized Motor Vehicle Indentured apprenticeship or completed an equivalent training scheme
- City & Guilds Motor Vehicle Craft studies parts 1, 2 & 3 or Motor Vehicle Technicians qualification or BTEC equivalent
- A full UK driving licence is essential and a category C1 is desirable
Why should you consider applying for this job?
- Salary c. £28,000 plus 17% shift payment
- Full-time position covering workshop opening hours on a rota basis
- 25 days per annum Holiday entitlement (based on full time hours) plus bank holidays
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please apply via the website or call on 01234 240 503.