Motor Vehicle Technician
LOCATION // Southampton
COUNTY // Hampshire
JOB REF // ATR_17894
rate // £40,000 - £40,000 per annum
TYPE // Permanent
Motor Vehicle Technician
Our client is a company serving multiple facets of the automotive industry. Their workshop focuses on the maintenance and repair of European vehicles but also caters for other premium makes and models.
They are at the forefront of the aftermarket performance tuning sector through the sale and installation of aftermarket performance parts, chassis parts and ECU tuning. They have modern, in house facilities including a Mustang MD-500 AWD Dyno, corner weight equipment & sophisticated wheel alignment facilities.
In addition to local services, our client offers wholesale aftermarket performance part supply within the UK and throughout the rest of the world. As a technician you will be part of a truly global network.
- Ability and confidence to undertake routine servicing and repair of all makes and models.
- Experience to detect and diagnose primary faults or highlight additional faults for further investigation.
- Clear and concise communication with office staff and within the workshop team.
- Assist workshop team with tuning and upgrading of performance vehicles (installing bolt-ons)
- Ensure all work is completed safely and to a high standard. This must comply with our code of practice and to manufacturer and industry guidelines.
- Maintain workshop organisation and cleanliness.
- Fulfil objectives to customer and line manager's expectations.
Experience, certifications & knowledge:
- Full, clean UK driving license is required
- Minimum level 3 vehicle mechanic qualification, higher and additional certifications are advantageous.
- Full MOT test license is highly desirable.
- Proven experience and track record of working on vehicles of all makes and models.
- Proven experience and track record of the above in European models, specifically Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Lamborghini and Volkswagen being highly desirable.
- Experience working with workshop management systems, specifically GDS to accept work packages, complete work and complete job sheets in a complete and timely manner.
- Experience or a proven understanding of vehicle wheel alignment.
- Experience with tools such as Ross-Tech VAG Com, Autologic & Bosch KTS is desirable.
Why should you consider applying for this job?
Salary of up to £40,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
Hours: 8AM - 5PM Monday to Friday only. No weekends
20 days annual leave (plus statutory bank holidays)
Overtime available during busy periods
Compay discounts, car events throughout the UK