Key Account Manager (Automotive) UK Wide
LOCATION // Tamworth
COUNTY // Staffordshire
JOB REF // ATR17783
rate // £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
TYPE // Permanent
Our client is a nationwide supplier of essential components and consumables to the industry and they provide parts for more than five million cars and light commercial vehicles.
Their key account management team, based in Tamworth, are currently looking for their latest addition to grow the business and be responsible for acquiring and maintaining some of
their main national accounts.
The role will build strategic relationships, providing comprehensive and innovative support to their national and key account customers, helping them maximise their sales and profit
opportunities. The KAM can live anywhere in the UK and will be on the road around the nation with a requirement to spot and implement new key business strategies.
This role is paying a £60,000 p/a basic salary with potential to earn up to £20,000 bonus per year. A £10,000 car allowance and 25 days holiday plus BH are just some of the other great benefits that this role brings. This is not an opportunity to be missed!
- Promoting a customer focused mindset to ensure the customer is at the heart of everything our client does
- Working collaboratively with the field-based teams to ensure they are maximising on customer opportunities
- Delivering a personalised customer experience to build a deep rapport with Key Customer personnel
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with board level and senior operational personnel in target customer accounts.
- Working to deliver a balanced performance across key business metrics and KPI measures in line with business and channel goals and objectives
- Utilising relevant business data to understand the opportunities across all customer bands and product groups
- Ensuring continuous development of yourself and the team, around garage equipment (GE) products and other value-added services to aid customer loyalty
- Collecting and analysing competitor activity, ensuring the team are aware of competitor promotions
- Managing the branch in growing unique spending customers, increasing both wallet and market share.
- Coordinating the involvement of cross-functional personnel, including operational support, service, and management resources to meet account performance objectives and
- Improving returns rates, credits and warranty processes enhancing customer experience and creating frictionless processes
- Engaging with all internal departments to ensure clear communication and understanding of accounts such as, Network Operations, Marketing, Product, Finance and Credit Control
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis with a view to maintaining service delivery excellence
- Leading solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
- Providing accurate forecasting for customer portfolio
- Managing clear and consistent pricing terms and rebates to maintain a fair and healthy
- Contract and tender negotiations and submissions
- Meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts/new accounts
- Proactively lead a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Leading, coaching and developing self and the team to create the skills and capabilities needed both now and, in the future
- Delivering structured briefings when required, to ensure all colleagues, at all levels, understand the key objectives and measures and required actions
- Acting as a key member of the management team by actively demonstrating the standards, behaviours and values.
-Ensuring work within a safety-first culture through Health & Safety compliance.
Key and Desired Skills
- Proven effective planning and organisational skills
- Self-critical and challenging of the status quo
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Proven effective communication skills, a confident cross-functional communicator with the ability to influence at board level
- Pro-active commercial problem solver and analyst
- Self-starter, who can work autonomously and remotely with extensive travel
- Significant experience and success with high level account management or a similar senior customer facing role.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Contactable at weekends if required.
Please note the role is nationwide and will involve travelling to multiple locations. You may be living anywhere in the UK, but must be prepared to travel to our clients Tamworth offices in Staffordshire to meet up with the rest of the team and other cross-functional team members.
If this role is of interest, please contact send your CV to Gavin on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.