LOCATION // Stockport
COUNTY // Greater Manchester
JOB REF // ATR16360
rate // £32,000 - £33,000 per annum
TYPE // Permanent
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assist the Workshop Manager and team to maintain the company's infrastructure with regards to fleet & customers. Ensure the company has operational and road-worthy vehicles to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations.
- Ensure that the fleet vehicles maintained to the highest standards in line with the manufacturer's standards, DVSA, Operators licence undertakings and legal guidelines to the required schedule set out by the company or contract.
- To contribute to the safe, lawful, efficient and professional operation of the company's and customers' vehicle.
- Undertake vehicle inspections, service and repairs to the planned schedule and provide such, that the operational demands of the company and its customers are met with the minimal impact on vehicle downtime.
Technical knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role:
- MOT Nominated Tester (Class IV & VII).
- Motor Vehicle Technology (Heavy) City and Guilds Part 2 and 3 or equivalent (NVQ Level 3).
- Full clean drivers licence Class B + E.
- Minimum of three years technical/mechanical experience of working in an HGV workshop.
- An in-depth knowledge of the vehicle inspection and repair standards & processes.
- Ability to diagnosis vehicle, plant and equipment for repair.
- Good knowledge and understanding of mechanics, electrics and hydraulics systems.
- Ability to attend Roadside call in a safe manner
- Ability to undertake vehicle and plant safety inspections to manufacture and DVSA standards.
- To have knowledge of the relevant legislations associated with workshop and fleet maintenance.
Personal traits/skills required for this role:
- Professional polite manner.
- Reliable, self-motivated and target-driven.
- Time management - The ability to work in a pressurised environment and to work within timescales.
- Hands on approach with pragmatic problem solving.
- Use of a wide range of Microsoft Office applications and general database skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management and user department representatives, suppliers and contractors.
Why should you consider applying for this job?
- Salary £32,920 per annum + 15% shift allowance
- 40 hours per week: Monday Friday 14:15 22:45
- Overtime available (not guaranteed)
- 24 days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Lifestyle Benefits: Access to huge discounts on a variety of retailers and services
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Get the bike of your choice (between £100 - £1000), with Tax and NI savings of up to 32%
- NEST Pension Scheme: 6.5% employer contribution
- Life Assurance: Twice your basic salary
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please apply via the website or call on 01234 240 503.