Fleet Workshop Manager
LOCATION // Stockport
COUNTY // Greater Manchester
JOB REF // ATR16369
rate // £29,990 - £29,990 per annum
TYPE // Permanent
Responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure the safety and road worthiness of vehicles and availability. You'll be responsible for all workshop activities, ensure productivity and performance targets are met.
- Liaise with and monitor the performance of contractors in line with agreed costs, requirements and quality of work.
- Manage MOT testing & compliance facility to the required standards and maintain adequate stock levels.
- Provide technical support and maintain a thorough working knowledge of municipal vehicles, plant and other equipment; including changes and updates and compliance with appropriate legislation.
- Evaluate breakdowns, road calls, vehicle recovery, call out arrangements and implement appropriate action.
- Ensure that all fleet documentation is kept up to date, completed within the required timescales, and enter data accurately into the IT systems.
- Manage the security of the workshop.
- Responsible for the evaluation and authorisation of work within specified limits, to appropriate standards and to process invoices within budget.
- Support all accredited standards and green credentials and ensure compliance with all statutory provision by working in partnership with SHEQ & HR.
- Work in partnership with our Business Development Team to support new business growth.
Technical knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role:
- 5 years or more experience of managing commercial fleet workshop services.
- Experience of budget management and use of a Vehicle Management System (ideally Tranman).
- Extensive experience in client liaising with the ability to influence.
- Must be an Authorised Examiner (MOT Management) and have undertaken Operator Licence awareness training.
- Have a Motor Vehicle Technology (Heavy) City and Guilds - Part 2 and 3 or equivalent (NVQ Level 3)
- Management and a Health and Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH).
- Certificate of Professional Competence in National Road & Passenger Transport Operations desirable.
- Possess good knowledge of current and emerging waste and resources policy and legislation.
Why should you consider applying for this job?
- Salary £29,990 + 15% shift allowance
- 45 hours per week
- 24 days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Lifestyle Benefits: Access to huge discounts on a variety of retailers and services
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Get the bike of your choice (between £100 - £1000), with Tax and NI savings of up to 32%
- NEST Pension Scheme: 6.5% employer contribution
- Life Assurance: Twice your basic salary
- Continuous Professional Development
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please apply via the website or call on 01234 240 503.