We would like to remind all MOT testers that you have to record your training as proof that you’ve done enough. You must keep a record to show any DVSA staff who visit your vehicle testing station (VTS) and you have to keep those records for 5 years.
What to include in your record
There’s no set format that you have to use for your training record, but it must include:
- your name and user ID
- which vehicle groups your training covered, such as class 1 and 2
- the date of the training
- how long the training session lasted
- what topics you covered during the session
- notes on what you did, how you did it and what you learned
You can use a template from DVSA to record it.
Record your result
You have to record your Annual Assessment result on the MOT testing service.
- your certificate number
- the date it was awarded
- the score you achieved
How to record your assessment result
- Sign in to the MOT testing service.
- Click ‘Your profile’.
- Click ‘Annual assessment certificates’ under the ‘MOT training and certificates heading’.
- Click to add your group A (class 1 and 2 vehicles) or group B (class 3, 4, 5 and 7 vehicles) assessment certificate.
- Add your assessment and certificate details, review the details and save them.
Click ‘Annual assessment certificates’ under the ‘MOT training and certificates heading’ (see image below):