LIGHT VEHICLE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION INTERMEDIATE LEVEL 2
Learn about key aspects of the transmissions operation, servicing requirements and basic diagnostic skills. This course is aimed at garage technicians/mechanics for Car and Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV) applications.
This two-day course considers the key aspects of the transmissions operation and servicing requirements and covers basic diagnostic skills.
Delivered in partnership with ZF Aftermarket Technical Training.
*Existing Autotech Recruit contractors are eligible for a discounted training course rate
- Transmission design and operation
- Lubrication requirements, correct oil change processes, basic diagnostic skills
- The use of the ZF Test Man diagnostic system
- Usage of a generic diagnostic system
- Strip and rebuild a transmission in order to better understand power flows
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- How the 6/8 speed automatic transmission operates
- The lubrication requirements of the transmission
- The effect of using the incorrect lubricants
- The correct processes for oil changes
- How to correctly identify transmission faults in order to ensure correct diagnosis
WHAT EXISITING KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED?
No previous qualifications are required, but a general knowledge of vehicles is useful.