Learn about key aspects of the transmissions operation, servicing requirements and basic diagnostic skills.
2-DAY COURSE PRICE: £525 + VAT
This course is aimed at garage technicians/mechanics for Car and Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV) applications.
This two day course considers the key aspects of the transmissions operation and servicing requirements and covers basic diagnostic skills.
Delivered in partnership with ZF Aftermarket Technical Training.
- Transmission design and operation
- Lubrication requirements, correct oil change processes, basic diagnostic skills
- The use of the ZF Test Man diagnostic system
- Usage of a generic diagnostic system
- Strip and rebuild a transmission in order to better understand power flows
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT?
An understanding of:
- How the 6/8 speed automatic transmission operates
- The lubrication requirements of the transmission
- The effect of using the incorrect lubricants
- The correct processes for oil changes
- How to correctly identify transmission faults in order to ensure correct diagnosis