Job Title: Roadside Vehicle Technician
Location: NE London (covering postcodes E, EC, EN, IG, N RM, WC)
Our client, a leading insurance roadside assistance business operating throughout the UK, is seeking a Roadside Technician in the North East London area to provide a professional, effective and quality service to customers.
Responsibilities and duties:
– attend all breakdowns as requested by the Operations Centre within the requisite time-period
– effect all repairs efficiently, competently, and to the correct standard
– maintain and develop skills in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance
– make full use of all equipment and training provided to ensure maximum roadside repair rate
– inform the Operations Centre of the outcome of each job to request further assistance if required
– monitor, manage and control stock levels
– execute technical assistance in a professional manner
– ensure all warranty and goodwill procedures are followed, and all paperwork is completed in a timely manner
– ensure that the Customer Service Vehicle is correctly maintained and serviced, keeping the vehicle clean and tidy at all times
Knowledge, qualifications and experience required for this role:
– City & Guilds Technician Certificate Parts I and II or equivalent
– Evidence of experience as a Vehicle Technician (essential)
– Excellent fault-finding skills (essential)
– Excellent interpersonal skills (essential)
– Experience of diagnostic equipment (desirable)
– Experience of dealing with customers on a face to face basis (desirable)
– Full UK driving licence
Why should you consider applying for this job?
Salary: £32,500 basic – OTE £45,000
(Based on 260 working days, average as a 48-hour working week, over 17-week reference period)
Shifts: 48 hours per week, early and late shift work, including weekends – NO NIGHT SHIFT
Job Type: Permanent
Holiday: 20 days (excluding Bank Holidays) – with annual accrual of an additional day after first 2 years (25 days max)
Benefits: Bonus; Rostered Bank Holiday working; Pension; Life Assurance; Mobile Phone; Eye Care & Glasses Vouchers; Flu Vaccination; Broadband contributions, Private Medical cover; and Lunch allowance.
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please contact Sue Dixon at Autotech Recruit on 01234 240503 or apply using the form below.