We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Level 3 Vehicle Technician to join a successful and busy independent garage established for 16 years. Predominantly starting as a performance tuning garage now solely an MOT/Service centre. A very loyal customer base who have become accustomed and appreciate excellent customer service and quality workmanship. We have a sister company, who manufacture, refurbish and supply 2WD and 4WD dynamometers around their world.
Vehicle Technician – Responsibilities and duties
– Perform vehicle repairs to a high standard
– General servicing of vehicles
– All mechanical repairs
– Diagnosing faults
– Complete Client documentation
MOT Tester (if/when qualified) – Responsibilities and duties
– Conduct MOT inspections in line with DVSA Standards
– Conduct Vehicle inspections in accordance with Vehicle Inspectorates procedures
– Identify worn and faulty components in accordance with DVSA Standards
Knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role
– City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ 3 in Automotive Servicing & Repair
– Work unsupervised in a well-equipped workshop
– 4 Years plus experience (post qualification)
– Own vehicle and tools (specialist tools provided)
– A clean, full UK driving license
Why should you consider applying for this job?
– Pay: £24,000 – £27,000 pa (depending on experience)
– Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5.30pm and No Saturdays
– Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
– Benefits: Fixed days off Christmas/Boxing day & Closed for 2 weeks in the summer
All members of our team have a ‘can do attitude’ with a focus on quality repairs and diagnostics done in a timely fashion to the highest standard. Being a team player is essential but it’s equally important to be able to self-manage, using initiative.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in one of the best-equipped workshops in Scotland with the excellent remuneration for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please contact Joanna or Hannah at Autotech Recruit on 01234 432 989 or apply using the form below.