We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced and talented HGV Technicians in the Milton Keynes area.
Our client is a very well established and growing business within the vehicle recovery sector and are looking for 2 experienced HGV Technicians to join their Fleet Maintenance team, whereby you will responsible for ensuring their fleet of vehicles are maintained to the highest standard.
Working directly with the Operational Team to support the clients fleet of vehicles including HGV’s:-
Responsibilities and duties:-
– Work directly with the Operational teams
– Diagnose mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and any related ancillary equipment
– Carry out mechanical and electrical repair
– replace parts as and when required
– provide preventative maintenance and modification
– Carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required (full training provided)
– All work to be carried out within company and legislative guidelines
– All to be carried out within a speedy and professional manner whilst adhering to safety guidelines for yourself and those around you.
– Accurate, clear and timely paperwork completed to ensure all statistics and legal information is produced and updated as required.
Knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role:-
– HGV Qualified or 3 to 4 years demonstrable HGV repair and maintenance experience.
– Category B driving license (essential)
– Category C/Class 2 HGV driving license or above would be an advantage
– Your technical skills should by matched by your ability to deal with all kinds of people
– Whatever the situation, you should be able to remain calm under pressure, friendly and reassuring
– Due to the nature of the business you will be required to undergo a police DBS check.
Our client is aware that not everyone is a saint all of the time so please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns around minor or spent offences prior to applying.
Why should you consider applying for this job?
– Excellent pay: £31K to £37K dependant on experience
– Enhanced overtime payment
– Hours: Monday and Friday (flexible start time e.g. 7 till 5 or 8 till 6) with one Saturday per month paid as overtime
– 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
– Excellent training opportunities
Our client provides continual training programmes allowing team members to be at the forefront of theirs and associated industries. For many years, they have worked closely with The Institute of Vehicle Recovery (IVR) and are now a registered training provider.
In addition to their commitment to fine tuning the employees expertise with training and skills development, their vigorous fleet replacement program ensures that they always work with the latest vehicles and equipment.
The company also encourage and provide opportunity for internal moves and secondment to other areas of the business
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please contact Melanie Caves at Autotech Recruit on 01234 432 989 or apply using the form below.