At Autotech Recruit we have a team of freelance Vehicle Technicians and MOT Testers who cover short and long-term contracts across the UK. With over 450 freelancers in our network, we are trusted by a UK-wide client network and work with the Motor Trader Top 100 franchised dealers, independent garages, fast-fit chains and government organisations.
– A UK driving licence and car
– Any of the qualifications listed below* (please check you qualify before you apply)
Why should you join Autotech Recruit?
– Our top freelance mechanics earn between £35k and £45k a year
with part time contractors earning up to £20k a year
– Guaranteed minimum 8 hour working days
– Flexible working / improved work-life balance
– Work available throughout the year
– Opportunity to be considered for one of our Manufacturer Training Programmes
– Holiday pay / pension/ statutory sick pay (depending on payment company options)
– Offset (permissible) expenses
– Autotech Recruit contributes towards the cost of training courses
Responsibilities and duties
– Carrying out tech work to high industry standards
(light servicing, tyres, general MOT repairs, brakes, PDIs, etc.)
– Travelling to different garages daily/weekly/monthly to cover various contracts
– If you are an MOT Tester, conducting MOT inspections in line with DVSA standards
– Ensuring procedures are adhered to at all times
To work for Autotech Recruit you must have your own vehicle and hold one of the following qualifications:
IMI level 3 National Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (light vehicle) (NVQ or SVQ L3)
City & Guilds BTEC, National Certificate or Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in Motor Vehicle Engineering studies
City & Guilds qualification in:
Automotive Qualification, NVQ level 3 / SVQ level 3 Vehicle Mechanics and Systems
Repair and Servicing of Road Vehicles, 383 (full level 2 or 3)
Motor Vehicle Craft Studies, modular part 3 (3 modules)
Motor Vehicle Craft Studies, 381 (full part 2 or 3)
Motor Vehicle Craft Studies, pre 381 syllabus (full part 2)
Light Vehicle Mechanics Craft Studies (full part 2 or 3)
Motor Vehicle Technician’s Certificate (full part 1)
National Craft Certification with a specialism of Vehicle Maintenance and Electronic Systems
Alternatively, if you have at least 5 years continuous employment as a Vehicle technician / MOT tester within the last 7-8 years then please get in touch.
If you would like more details, please contact our recruitment team on 01234 432989 or head to our website to register your interest.