We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Vehicle Technician (and MOT tester – not essential as training will be provided).
Vehicle Technician – Responsibilities and duties
– Perform vehicle repairs to a high standard
– General servicing of vehicles
– All mechanical repairs
– Diagnosing faults
– Complete Client documentation
MOT Tester (if/when qualified)- Responsibilities and duties
– Conduct MOT inspections in line with DVSA Standards
– Conduct Vehicle inspections in accordance with Vehicle Inspectorates procedures
– Identify worn and faulty components in accordance with DVSA Standards
Knowledge/experience/qualifications required for this role
– City & Guilds or NVQ level 2 or 3 (preferred) in Automotive Servicing & Repair
– Work unsupervised or as part of a team in a well-equipped workshop
– 4 Years’ plus experience (essential)
– Own vehicle and tools (specialist tools provided)
– Diagnostic experience (essential)
– Welding experience (an advantage but not essential)
– A clean, full UK driving license
– Active and clean DVSA License (not essential as training can be provided)
– Knowledge on current MOT standards (not essential as training will be provided)
Why should you consider applying for this job?
– Pay: £22,000 – £28,000 pa (depending on experience)
– Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm; Saturday 8.30am – 12.30pm (on rota basis)
– Holidays: 20 days plus Bank holidays
– Overtime available: some
– Pension: NEST auto enrolment scheme
– Benefits: Training in new technologies and refresher in existing
Our client, a well-established family-run business, is looking for a fully qualified and experienced Vehicle Technician (and MOT tester – not essential as training will be provided) to join their vibrant and friendly team in Christchurch.
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like more details, please contact Lee Parr at Autotech Recruit on 01234 432 989 or apply using the form below.